Job search can be a pain! Especially at desperate times and rejections can take a heavy toll on self-confidence. This is why we’ve put together a SERIOUSLY EXTENSIVE list to help you out! This is the mother of all lists…
Printed newspapers still have career pages but they rarely list jobs that aren’t also being advertised online. If you want to ensure you don’t miss any opportunity – check the hard copy version of The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age, The Daily Telegraph or any other major publication in your area by going to your nearest newsagent. Local community newspapers and magazines are also good places to look. If you don’t know where to find these, ask the locals! If you are after specific industries, target the specific companies in that industry. The individual websites of these companies should have a jobs section. We would also recommend going online and searching for different recruitment agencies.
If you need help writing the perfect résumé (the kind that gets the employers calling) and developing the right job interview communication skills and MUCH more, click HERE.
Temporary and Short-Term Jobs
- OneShift – is an online job network which matches employees with employers. This can be anything from one-off shifts, casual work or permanent employment.
- Airtasker – this is pretty cool, become a runner and bid on jobs that you would like to do, including: house cleaning, delivery, flyer drop, data entry etc.
- Freelancer – are you a graphics designer or developer? Why not do some freelancing work and bid on some jobs through Freelancer and earn some extra cash!
- Backpacker Job Board – Search 1,000s of jobs for backpackers in Australia
- Xplace – one of the world’s leading freelance marketplaces, connecting thousands of freelancers and businesses every day
- Seek – considered to be Australia’s #1 job site, as measured by Nielsen/ Netratings
- MyCareer – owned by Fairfax Media who also own The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age newspapers. The MyCareer website has a lot of useful information about working in Australia, including detailed analysis of Australian salaries, updated weekly.
- CareerOne – is one of Australia’s most highly trafficked websites whose success lies in the fact that it’s a lot more than just a job board. They offer an unrivalled collection of career advice, job hunting tips, company profiles and job listings to empower people to progress in their career.
- Jobserve – Providing job services to job seekers and advertisers, JobServe was formed in 1993 as the world’s first internet recruitment service. Now operating across almost all industry sectors.
- Bluecollar – is Australia’s original niche job board, advertising jobs in the technical, trade and service sectors since 2003.
- Linkme – For job seekers and candidates, uploading your résumé to LinkMe allows employers and recruiters to match you to jobs you didn’t even know were out there. You can also search more than 30,000 jobs on their job board every day.
- Gumtree – launched in Australia back in 2007 as a local classified ads and community site, designed to connect people who were either planning to move, or had just arrived in a new neighbourhood, and needed help getting started with accommodation, employment and meeting new people. Great notice board for potential jobs as well, it is worth checking out!
- Applydirect – claims to connect job seekers directly with employers, rather than displaying recruitment agency ads.
- Jobseeker – is an Australia-based search engine for jobs.
- Jobiness – is a site that provides employee reviews on companies in Australia, including salary, management style, office pictures as well as interview questions.
- Nuevoo – Neuvoo is a job search engine that indexes jobs directly from companies’ career websites, placement agencies and job boards. We centralize all jobs available on the web to help people find new career opportunities, so we are much like the Google for jobs.
- Pedestrian.TV – Creative jobs uploaded daily!
Here is a list of Government jobs, University jobs as well as Graduate Jobs:
- Jobs In Mining – Jobs for entry level and blue collar workers in the mining oil and gas industries. Provides advice, information and jobs.
- Indeed – claims to be the #1 job site worldwide.
- Employment Plus – works with businesses from all industries and people from all walks of life, from Melbourne to Maroochydoore, Rockhampton to Rockingham.
- Ethical Jobs – is a job-search site for people who want to work for a better world. We list community jobs, environmental jobs, not-for-profit jobs and social enterprise jobs that contribute to a more equitable, more just or more sustainable world.
- Inside Trak – Australia’s first job search engine that connects job searchers directly with advertisers on their own websites while answering the question: “What’s it really like to work there?”.
- Kama Sutra Jobs – is an Australian job search engine helping you to find all the best positions in Sydney and wider New South Wales without charging you a cent.
- Simply Hired – They connect the right people with the right job opportunities – and they claim to do it more efficiently than anyone else.
- Craigs List – Local classifieds and forums – community moderated, and largely free.
- Glassdoor – is a free jobs and careers community that offers the world an inside look at jobs and companies. What sets them apart is their “employee-generated content” – anonymous salaries, company reviews, interview questions and more – all posted by employees, job seekers and sometimes the companies themselves.
- Lifestyle Careers – is an online employment and recruitment jobs board. Their niche and specific focus is the advertising of flexible employment and work at home positions.
- Contractor Zoo – employment site for skilled IT contractors.
- Now Hiring – is a job site for Australian employers and recruiters.
- Whirlpool – directly connecting job seekers with Australia’s technology & telecommunications employers.
- Zipster – Zipster is a career website for technology professionals, and the organisations that seek to employ them, in Australia.
- Jobswiregurus.com.au – was founded by Australian IT professionals for Australian IT professionals and is committed to growing the most relevant and effective IT employment destination in Australia.
- Work At Home Mums – is an online network for women working from home and for those who would like to.
- Byron – one of the largest Internet employment sites in Australia and the predominant activity of Byron Media.
- Careerjet – a job search engine designed to make the process of finding a job on the internet easier for the user.
- Jobs Ozfreeonline
- Positions Vacant – is an Australian-owned enterprise dedicated to providing high-quality, cost-effective recruitment information using modern technology.
- Who’s Hiring – aims to provide Jobs, Careers, and Employment via an online company and recruiter directory for job seekers.
- Student Edge – Student Edge was founded in 2003 by students; Damien Langley, Jeremy Chetty, Simon Loader and Craig Chetty. Student Edge provides Australia’s students with free access to online student services information including health and wellbeing, study and career tools. It also engages students with membership rewards, including a host of exclusive big brand discounts.
- Findads – Findads is a search engine that collects all job ads from 92 major Australian sites such as Gumtree, MyCareer, etc. Instead of going to each job site one by one, you can find relevant job easily by only one search. Additionally you can save your searches and receive an email alert when there are new ads matching your requirements.
- University of Adelaide
- Australian Catholic University
- Australian National University
- Federation University
- Bond University
- University of Canberra
- Central Queensland University
- Charles Darwin University
- Charles Sturt University
- Curtin University
- Deakin University
- Edith Cowan University
- Flinders University of South Australia
- Griffith University
- James Cook University
- La Trobe University
- Macquarie University
- University of Melbourne
- Monash University
- Murdoch University
- University of New England
- University of New South Wales
- University of Newcastle
- University of Notre Dame Australia
- University of Queensland
- Queensland University of Technology
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
- University of South Australia
- Southern Cross University
- University of Southern Queensland
- University of the Sunshine Coast
- Swinburne University of Technology
- University of Sydney
- University of Technology Sydney
- University of Tasmania
- Victoria University
- University of Western Australia
- University of Western Sydney
- University of Wollongong
- Unijobs – Australia’s university jobs website
- PSnews – is an online newspaper packed with news and other information designed to inform, entertain and challenge the professional staff of public sector organisations around the nation. They have a section that states every public service vacancy in Australia.
- JobSearch.gov.au – is Australia’s free online jobs website. It is funded and operated by the Australian Government as a free service to assist job seekers into employment and connect employers with quality staff.
- The Australian Local Government Job Directory – Australia’s No. 1 local governments jobs website.
- ACT Government
- NSW Government
- NSW Health
- NSW Local Government
- Tasmanian Government
- Local Government Association Of Tasmania
- Western Australian Government
- Western Australian Local Government
- Queensland Government
- Northern Territory Government
- Victorian Government
- Victorian Government Department Of Education And Early Childhood Development
- Municipal Association Of Victoria
- Government Of South Australia
- Local Government Association Of South Australia
- Australian Government – APS Jobs
- Australian Government Department Of Defence
- Australian Government Department Of Foreign Affairs And Trade
- Australian Volunteers For International Development
- Graduate Jobs – is an online job board that lists employment opportunities targeting a 100% graduate and entry-level demographic.
- GradConnection – created in 2008 when three young graduates (Dave, Mike & Dan) experienced first hand just how hard it was to find a good platform linking students and graduates to employment opportunities. GradConnection is a free platform that lets you choose exactly what industry opportunities you want to hear about, and delivers them straight to your inbox. You can research the companies on the site, talk to other graduates in the forums, and be found by employers viewing your GradConnection student profile.
- Graduate Opportunities – The purpose of GO is to provide you with comprehensive information about a wide range of graduate employment opportunities.
- Unigrad – is that check-in point at every stage on your journey – from O’Week right through to when you consider internships, vac programs and volunteer opportunities.
- Jobbydoo – aggregates job vacancies from all Australian career sites, job boards and recruitment agencies, and organises that information to make it accessible with easy find/search option.
Have we missed something? Please let us know in the comments below and we will add it to the list. We would also LOVE to know how this has worked out for you so please let us know how it worked out for you in the comments below.
We hope this helps you! We ask you to please help us spread the word by simply clicking LIKE below and SHARING with your friends. That’s it!
A LOT of love, passion and hard work has gone in to researching, finding and providing international students and skilled migrants like yourself, good, quality content that we believe would be very useful for you to progress in your lifestyle here in Australia as well as professional and academic career. And the only way we can continue sharing such valuable content is if we get heard… And for that, we need your help. Many many many thanks in advance!